Friday, March 6, 2009

Dog Food


Now that Carter is semi-mobile, we're getting our feet wet with the whole "can't turn our backs on him" thing. I know some moms are going to say "yeah, he's not even crawling/walking yet." And I recognize that in a month, I probably will say "wow--and I used to think he was into things!" However, we are embarking on a new adventure here. One day this week, I put Carter on the middle of the kitchen floor with his poppin' pals toy. I walked to the office and left him in the kitchen--a good five feet away from anything but his toy--for about two minutes. Then Jack walked in and found that Carter had pulled himself across the floor to play with Marley's food! Dog food was everywhere, including in Carter's fist. He continues to lean in for Marley's dish whenever we walk past it. So, for the time being, Marley's food dish is banished to his room while Carter is awake.

No comments: