Monday, March 2, 2009

A Return To Dairy


After six months of abstaining from dairy (Carter was two months old when we discovered my dairy consumption made him sick) and several unsuccessful attempts to reintroduce cow's milk to my diet, I finally have succeeded. Over the last two weeks, I've gradually re-introduced dairy to my diet, and Carter seems to be tolerating it this time. I enjoyed my vanilla Silk (soy milk) for what it is, but it's not a direct substitute for milk. There's something about Frosted Flakes that just doesn't jive with vanilla soy milk: the combination is too sweet. And soy ice cream is not even relatively comparable to real ice cream.
Carter's diet is expanding these days, too. He now eats bread (even with a bit of peanut butter on occasion), and joined Mommy and Daddy with a pancake this morning! (We took the time to make pancakes since I was was home waiting for the icy roads to thaw.) He only ate one small pancake (dry and torn up), but he seemed to enjoy munching on something before his oatmeal and mashed avocado.

No comments: